Terms, Conditions & Options of Your Repair Plan
Gas & Electric Appliances
Conditions of your Repair Plan from CenterPoint Energy's Home Service Plus® (HSP)
- This contract applies to one single family residence per agreement.
- Appliances and equipment must meet code requirements and be in operating condition at the time program service begins. CenterPoint Energy must have safe access to and safe working conditions at and around the appliances and equipment.
- CenterPoint Energy shall not be responsible for charges for service or parts you have others provide.
- CenterPoint Energy may not be able to make certain repairs due to non-availability of parts from its regular parts suppliers, which include several major parts distributors. Non-availability can result from parts no longer being manufactured. The likelihood of parts being unavailable is greater with older appliances. CenterPoint Energy also reserves the right to restrict specific makes of equipment from eligibility due to non- availability of parts. The choice of parts to be used shall be at the discretion of CenterPoint Energy.
- CenterPoint Energy reserves the right not to repair the appliance and recommend replacement by you when the cost of repairing your old furnace or appliance exceeds its replacement value.
- CenterPoint Energy is not responsible for direct damages, consequential damages (indirect losses or injuries), illness or injury caused by delays, failure to service, unavailability of parts, labor difficulties and other conditions beyond its control. CenterPoint Energy may, at its discretion, use qualified contractors to fulfill all or any part of its obligation under the terms of this agreement. In the event we are unable to provide service due to factors beyond our control, customers may submit invoices for covered repairs completed by other providers for reimbursement by CenterPoint Energy.
- Program service does not cover any material, parts and labor required as the result of abuse, vandalism, fire, freezing, acts of God, power or water supply outages, flooded cellars other than main sewer back-ups (if coverage has been selected), or other abnormal conditions. CenterPoint Energy will not be required to perform program services until any asbestos hazard is eliminated and CenterPoint Energy determines, at its discretion, that no hazard exists.
- To assure continued protection, the contract will be automatically renewed at the end of 12 months at regular prices (non-promotional prices and terms then in effect) unless cancelled by you or CenterPoint Energy. CenterPoint Energy or you may cancel this contract at that time by giving written notice to the other. Coverage on all optional appliances will be automatically renewed on your basic Repair Plan contract anniversary date at the price and terms then in effect for optional appliance coverage. Regardless of anniversary date, you will receive the full amount of any promotional offer according to the terms of that offer. The current terms, conditions, pricing and parts list are available online at HSPtoday.com.
- You are purchasing the plan for one full year. For your convenience, if you move from the covered residence during the term of program service, your Repair Plan contract will be transferred to your new address, if it is within our repair service territory. When you transfer your account, your Repair Plan anniversary date will be adjusted, with the 12-month term beginning on your transfer date.
- If payments are missed or late, CenterPoint Energy may demand immediate payment of the entire amount you owe or immediate payment of the cost (labor and parts), of all service provided to you less any payments made by you to CenterPoint Energy. If you request cancellation of your Repair Plan prior to your anniversary date, you will be responsible for the full retail value of any contract repairs we have completed for you, less any Repair Plan payments you have made, during the contract year. The retail value of repairs will be determined based on our labor rates and parts prices.
- Inspections and routine preventive maintenance are not covered by the Home Service Plus Repair Plan but are available at an extra charge.
- Parts not shown in the coverage chart and related labor are not covered. The current terms, conditions, and parts list are available online at HSPtoday.com.
Not covered under plan
- Appliance installation, disconnection, inspection and manufacturer recommended maintenance.
- Labor and materials for cleaning boiler water, draining expansion tanks, venting radiators, water supply problems separate from the appliance.
- Labor or equipment rental cost of gaining access to or removal of any unit that requires special equipment or tools such as cranes, ladder trucks, etc.
- Labor and materials for repair or replacement of the following equipment and parts: coin-operated clothes washers and clothes dryers, heat exchangers, humidifiers, air cleaners, air filters, correction of any problems connected directly to the air distribution system such as duct work, register faces, condenser coil, compressor or associated refrigerant lines, sealed refrigeration unit, zone controls, accessories or the like.
- Damage caused by corrosion, corrosion occurring in an atmosphere containing chlorine, or rust and any other labor or parts not shown on the coverage chart above.